Friday, January 23, 2015

17. Audio

SoundCloud




I chose this app for a couple of reasons.
 
1. I had heard about it previously
2. I wanted to check out an app with both music streaming AND voice recording audio capabilities
3. I did a quick review of music/audio recording apps on the internet and SoundCloud had what I was looking for
4. It is free, with no pressure to "upgrade"
5. No ads
 
 
After looking into the app, these are my thoughts:
 
  • I love the "freshness" of it. Soundcloud posts new content all the time, and 'trending' music allows for new discoveries on a regular basis
  • It is pretty easy to navigate. It took me about 3 minutes to figure out where I could upload my own audio, which isn't too bad I guess.
  • I like how many remixes of songs there are - something fun and different
  • I can see myself using this for studying - the categories of music you can select range from rap to ambient to classical.
  • This is not really an app for uploading your own audio on a regular basis - definitely not for creating voice memos, lists and reminders. This app is designed for something like uploading an entire speech or a reading that you wanted to keep.
  • The app is made for those who want to share their audio files
  • I can't really see myself using it professionally, but that's OK

No comments:

Post a Comment