Thursday, January 29, 2015

THING 18- Community Connection App


1. BC Health Services Locator App

After playing around with this app for a couple of minutes I decided it was:
A) super easy to use
B) helpful for finding clinics, especially ones that are open late.

The main reason it is easy to navigate is because there isn't a whole lot of information, but sometimes that is what makes it user friendly and attractive.

I can imagine using it in my personal life, for those times when you're really sick/someone in your family is really sick and you need to get to a walk-in clinic pronto but aren't sure where the nearest one is, and what their hours are.
My favourite part about the app is how they have all the addresses and phone numbers listed - and when you click on the icon for "phone" it immediately dials it for you. I was definitely impressed with that! I hate having to search for phone numbers on Google and then try to memorize it quickly enough to be able to punch it into my keypad.

I put this app right into my "Health" related app category and I think I'll keep it.


2. My Lower Mainland Guide

I like this app! I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It has local deals that I always have fun viewing; it has news that is updated regularly (I admit I like to read local stories about small town issues); and it has a complete listing of places to go out and eat.
The layout isn't bad and the information is detailed and pratical and yet not overwhelming.

In terms of it being used professionally - I'd say probably not.
Personally though, I can see this app coming in handy.

I'm just learning all sorts of new things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment