Thursday, February 12, 2015

20 - Managing Your Finances

My Bank's App: Aldergrove Credit Union


Because my little tiny community credit union bank is not listed on any of the money tracking apps, I decided it was a bit useless to download them - with basically no functionality.
Therefore, I thought I'd talk about my experiences with my own bank's app.

To begin with, it's surprisingly user friendly. Maybe that is simply because there aren't too many options as my bank doesn't offer lots of options. It's a great little credit union, with about 5 branches in the Abbotsford/Aldergrove/Langley area.

All the things I need are on the app.
It shows my balance, all my different accounts (TSA Savings, Chequing, Savings, etc), and all my "recent activity" within those accounts.

It also gives the option for paying bills, scheduling regularly paid bills, transfering money into different accounts and more.

It's one of my most used apps as I check it on a regular basis - at least 3 times a week or more. I like how it's updated instantly, as soon as I make any kind of purchase or move my money around. It's detailed, but not overwhelmingly so.

I have always kept a pretty good eye on my money and know quite close to exactly where I stand, so I feel this app fits perfectly with my life. It's not bothersome with pop-ups and constant reminders (but I assume some people would appreciate those kind of features). It's easy to open, it gives me the information I'm looking for, and isn't too slow or cumbersome.

Once I do a joint bank account with my husband at a new bank, I will probably try one of the money management apps, but for now, I'm pleased with my community credit union's app :)

No comments:

Post a Comment