Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thing 22: Games

Bejeweled

 
 
I was looking at all the games listed and while I recognized a few (Candy Crush, Clash of Clans) - the majority of them didn't sound appealing. So I decided to try out my favourite game, for old times sake. I used to be obsessed with Bejeweled when I was younger (think MSN messenger days) and got a little too good if you know what I mean. Like, I should have been doing something more practical and worthwhile with my life.
 
Turns out that I am still easily addicted to Bejeweled and possibly even more obsessed now that it comes on my beautiful shiny iPhone 6 Plus. I can play it wherever - on the couch, in my room, waiting for an appointment. It's scary how easy it became to just want "one more game". ;)
While playing, I was actually reminded of this meme for Netflix that was eerily similar:
 
 
 
 Alright, so what exactly is Bejeweled? It's a matching game - you group together different coloured jewels to gain points. There are several versions of the game - "Diamond Mine"/ "Lightning Speed" / "Butterflies" and "Zen". All of them are roughly the same amount of addicting I've found. There's also the option to play the "Poker" version but you have to pay for that one, so I avoid it.
To be completely honest, I've earned all the highest badges for the game, except for 3.
 
I would recommend this game as a great escape - and that's all. It's not educational, it's not really strategic in the way that other games are, and it's a game that will bring about long lasting life benefits. But hey, if you've got a couple of minutes to kill at the doctor's office and you can't be bothered to pick up a 2 year old magazine - Bejeweled is your answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment